She has a little creepy cat and a little creepy bat , little rocking chair and an old blue hat...

Posted by David on Wednesday, May 05, 2010

My darling Carrie has also responded to my request. She said that she would choose to live in a painting by Van Gogh (She also said she'd like to live in one of Monet's water lily paintings as well as one of Salvador Dali's floppy clock painting. Normally I'd be inclined to post something by Dali, but I! So, for your viewing pleasure, here is Starry Night:


It's clearly very beautiful, and I can easily imagine four best friends - stretched out on the ground marveling at the heavens while they talk about the future and their imminent separation... They'll always have the memory of that night emblazoned in their minds: shooting stars burning across the sky - proof that their friendship matters and that they'll always have each other, regardless of where their lives take them... I'd like to think that maybe this is what Van Gogh had in mind when he painted this
When I look at the stars, I can see my friends. As long as we have the night sky, we're together. So distance be damned!

3 comments:

Comment by lil giraffe on May 5, 2010 at 7:21 PM

This made me want to cry. Distance be damned is right! You're amazing.

 
Comment by Jimenez on May 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I love you and this is perfect.

 
Comment by Carrie on May 7, 2010 at 3:09 PM

so, yeah, i maybe might have shed a li'l tear at that. love you (all) <3

 

Post a Comment

Like, tell me what you think!